HR Generalist – Bellevue, WA
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Vice Presidemt, as a member of the HR team, the Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for developing and executing HR strategies and providing a broad range of HR support.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Manages on-boarding and exit processes
- Administers contracts and offer letters
- Cross team communication with accounting and recruiting
- Manages and administers employee benefits; changes, annual renewal, enrollment, termination
- Works with the management team to update the Company Employee handbook and assure consistent application throughout the organization.
- Serves as the focal point of contact and promptly responds to any and all issues, complaints, and legal proceedings related to the employment of employees and in concert with the management team and the Company’s advisors
- Manages employee relations including performance management, investigations and separations
- Manages various compliance programs including wage and hour, leave benefits, unemployment and disability insurance, leaves of absence, and ADA
- Designs, develops, coordinates and conducts various employee and management training programs to meet regulatory requirements and address such topics as preventing sexual harassment, FLSA
- Assures that the Company’s employees files are well maintained and coordinates the accurate and timely completion of all required HR reports and documents including, but not limited to personnel action forms, on-boarding documents, EEO, alternate work schedule, etc.
- Develops and assures compliance with the human resource policies and procedures
- Generates regular reports to keep the Executive Team well informed of potential risks and issues
- Provides counsel and coaching to managers regarding HR matters and practices
- Enters data into the payroll/HR system for new hires and promotions and other job changes
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Five or more years of experience as a Human Resources professional
- Prior experience in a related industry (IT staffing) preferred
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS:
- Working knowledge and experience with employment law, workers’ compensation, recruiting, employee relations, and training and development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead
- Ability to complete tasks quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work independently and is a self-starter and pro-active
- High level of computer proficiency including the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and payroll/HR systems
- Strong working knowledge and ability to apply multi-state employment laws and practices
- Broad experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other human resources programs.
- Must have the ability to explain complex topics to individuals.
- Must be able to operate with a high degree of confidentiality and communicate with a diverse workforce.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, a high level of organization, and the ability to multi-task, follow through and re-prioritize well to meet deadlines on multiple projects which may be running concurrently.
- Able to perform all essential duties
- Must be able to enter data into a computer up to six hours a day